Assembly | Senate | Congress | State Board of Equalization
Download Equivalency and Shape Files for Congressional Maps
CDF | DBF | SHP | KMZ (for Google Earth)
Download City and County Splits Reports for Congressional Maps
CLICK HERE to view the final preliminary maps at the Statewide Database site
Tips for Using Google Earth to View Visualizations With the .KMZ Files*
First, if you don’t already have a copy of Google Earth, you should download and install this free program.
Once Google Earth is installed on your computer, follow these instructions to download and open the visualization files:
- 1. Click on the “.kmz” link under the FILE TYPE section
- 2. Downloading will begin and, depending on your browser, you will be prompted to save the file or to load it into Google Earth. If the file is saved, just double-click on it and it should bring up Google Earth
- 3. After Google Earth loads, you can opt to turn on various layers in the lower left part of the screen. Use the “Roads” layer to have highways and street names available.
- 4. Zoom in and out as needed to view the district
- 5. Click your mouse pointer within a district to pull up the district name and some basic data on the district
- 6. Printing of the current view should be available within program.
*Google Earth and .KMZ file tips are provided for informational purposes only. The Citizens Redistricting Commission cannot offer technical support for opening .KMZ files.